via Instagram http://ift.tt/2efZlff
Friday, October 21, 2016
At exactly this time in the afternoon six years ago, we became parents: that phenomenon where you heart's capacity grows beyond what you could have imagined, to hold joy, delight, prayer, fear, worry, hope, pain, and mostly love, all surrounding your child. In the midst of our celebration this weekend, I am thinking of those friends who are fearful or grieving because of circumstances surrounding their children or their desires for children: loss, absence, waiting. We taste heaven on earth, but it's not til we get there that all the tears are wiped away.
Charlotte's rounding up to 10 now! Happy birthday to our brand new 6-year-old! We love and admire her kindness, generosity, and diligence in everything she does. Her beautiful spirit blesses others, and we are better for it. #shiningchar
via Instagram http://ift.tt/2eqfqM4
Thursday, October 20, 2016
Wednesday, October 19, 2016
#Repost @dixie_design with @repostapp ・・・ Our birthday celebration continues with a GIVEAWAY! 🎉 We're giving away 100 flat cards of your choice, matching return address envelopes and two packs of gift tags! Here are the details for entering: 1. Follow dixie_design on Instagram 2. Comment on this image and mention 3 friends 3. To be entered TWICE, repost this image on your Instagram account (make sure you tag or mention us in the post) The contest starts now and ends Friday at 5 pm CT. Good luck!
via Instagram http://ift.tt/2e9QjQH
Monday, October 17, 2016
I've been working a few new children's illustrations, including this one called "Becoming a Fairy." This was inspired by Charlotte and explores that magical blurred line between reality and the world of imagination. 11 x 14" | $42. Link in profile.
via Instagram http://ift.tt/2egzLq3
Friday, October 14, 2016
Had so much fun doing this animal friends invitation. I started using gouache a lot more about two years ago, and I have really enjoyed it as a medium! Head over to @dixie_design to get this piece, available as a first birthday party invitation or baby shower invitation. Styling by @augusta_cole and photography by @mandy_busby
via Instagram http://ift.tt/2dSXDQC
Thursday, October 13, 2016
Wednesday, October 12, 2016
You'll be seeing red at @dixie_design ! Early bird special going on for just a couple more days. Head over now to see all the new holiday pieces and save 20% on your order! Swedish oval design by yours truly, and red toile crest by @gina.langford.
via Instagram http://ift.tt/2dNDYBG
Tuesday, October 11, 2016
Saturday, October 8, 2016
Thank the Lord that by knowing others, we learn the qualities we have and those we sorely lack. Sometimes Luke and I joke that only about 5% of our thinking overlaps. We scratch against each other like rusty nails--iron, the verse says--and wonder what vast thoughts occupy the other 95% of each other's brain. The truth is that I'd be drowning in a sea of creative melancholy and perfectionism if it weren't for Luke constantly pulling me into the boat and reminding me of the glorious sunset. He lives with integrity, faithfulness and always hope, and we love him. Happy birthday, @lukejpowell !
via Instagram http://ift.tt/2dC9sqr
Friday, September 30, 2016
Illustrating scripture, 1/24. "They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer." Acts 2:42. I designed this series about a year ago for Cornerstone Presbyterian Church, in order to illustrate their mission statement. The concept is base on using traditional religious iconography and other recognizable shapes and motifs, thereby referencing the history and the church and the gospel, and reinterpreting them in a loose, deconstructed/reconstructed kind of way. I wanted to use lighter media (watercolor and ink) to depict icons traditionally portrayed using heavier materials, quite often (glass and lead, for example). In so doing, I sought to bridge the gap between the historical art of the church and contemporary art, which are sometimes so polarized, especially within the church.
via Instagram http://ift.tt/2cRuFgC
Thursday, September 29, 2016
Wednesday, September 28, 2016
Tuesday, September 27, 2016
Monday, September 26, 2016
Happy second birthday, darling one. You're a charming little thing, and you bring light to all around you...and these days, even your stink eye and "no!" is endearing. We love you, Helen, and we are so thankful for you! #hellohelen
via Instagram http://ift.tt/2dmixa0
Sunday, September 25, 2016
Happy fourth birthday to the girl who has been jumping off the diving board for two years and still wants to be rocked to sleep. I wish I could bottle up her joy, compassion, and sweet little voice. We love you, Fair! #FarrisOfThemAll
via Instagram http://ift.tt/2d9l1oS