Monday, October 26, 2009

Avoca

Mom and Dad brought me back some great things from their trip to Ireland--two wonderful cookbooks and some local pottery! I love these Avoca cookbooks (or go to the Avoca store). Mom said that Avoca reminds her of an Irish Anthropologie. They sell home goods, food, accessories, etc. The cookbooks have beautiful one-color illustrations and expressive type as image throughout. I wish I could find some photos of the spreads on the web---either that, or a working scanner--so I could show you the inside.








2 comments:

RobinMc said...

So happy you like your stuff.:) Hey did you get the site I sent you for Louis Mulcahy's Pottery? Or their youtube video about the beautiful coastal area and how it influences their glaze colors? I might send you a photo our their studio there in Dunquin.

RobinMc said...

PS. Did I tell you these little Avoca shops were at the very top of mountain passes in southwest Ireland? One was called Molls Gap, with beautiful, breathtaking views.
The name Avoca was originally Avoca mills.. woolen mills in Ireland. Very old company.