Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Beautiful work from the Vienna Secession

So I think I'm going to go with a monogram for mom's stationery. I have been working on one that I really love... it has a similar aesthetic to these that were done by the VS, but it's a little more organic... but not flowery. I'm considering doing some kind of stylized trees/pond in a similar aesthetic. Then I want to get in touch with a friend and letterpress genius, Patrick Masterson, who is here in town, and see about getting them letterpressed on some kind of robin's egg blue paper.

UPDATE: check out the monogram I did here! We printed a pale blue Pantone on Crane Lettra fluorescent white.

I can't remember where I got all this! If you are interested, I could probably track it down.












































Here are some more monograms, not by the Secessionists.


2 comments:

RobinMc said...

SR, I can't wait for my cool Venna Secession inspired notes. Yay for Klimt!

Sarah Robins said...

me too! i did a bunch of monograms the other night. i need to scan them and see what is working. some are a little less curvy and more pared down than others, which i like. more like the secessionists.