Saturday, June 17, 2017

Happy Father's Day to my dad, who always encouraged me to tag along. This was how he taught me those things which are important to him. From him I learned that I could do anything I wanted to do, that I should set the bar high and work heartily as unto the Lord, that I should give generously, that I should extend grace. This photo was taken 24 years ago, right after we moved outside of town to a beautiful--but flat and dusty--valley with no shade. Through his gift of seeing both the forest and the trees, Dad has since transformed the whole place. Since then he has added rows of tall pines, trees and plants that yield Japanese pears, apples, figs, blackberries, and blueberries, a pond full of brim, a playhouse, a fort, a "shack," a barn, countless animals and countless times of hosting friends and family that have added beauty and value to the place. Dad has the ability to catch a vision, see it through, and include others along the way. This is just one of the many things I admire about him and for which I am so grateful.


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2smEkSA

No comments: