Sunday, June 18, 2017

Seventeen years ago, when Luke and I were sophomores in high school, sharing melancholy letters about change and loss and the joys and pain of Sting lyrics, it would have been hard to imagine what specifically the future would hold for us. All I knew is that I really liked him and was starting to love him. Two years later I knew I wanted to marry him. I got to grow up with Luke around, and my girls are getting to do the same thing. I am so thankful they are learning and benefitting from his love of life and his optimism, that he shares what he loves with them, and that he seeks to really know them. He knows how to serve and he brings the fun. I had to crop this photo to keep it decent, but if you saw the entire thing you'd see Luke painting a playhouse for three little girls running around in their skivvies and taking joy in helping. Happy Father's Day to Luke!


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2thNxLO

No comments: